Monday, June 14, 2010

I screamed. We all screamed.

How many people can say they helped break a world record? Well I can, although it's not something I'm likely to share with my children.

For my 40th birthday Friday, my wife and I went to the Dodgers-Angels game at Dodger Stadium. We were informed that at the end of the 4th inning, Ozzy Osbourne would try to break the record for the longest and loudest scream. Megan and I wondered how long he might scream and whether we should run out and buy ear plugs.

What we didn't realize was that we were the ones trying to break the record. Ozzy came onto the field, looking confused and thought-challenged as usual. He implored the crowd to screech like a bat being eaten or something like that.

The screaming pierced the collective eardrum endlessly. But when it appeared that we might fall just short of the record, I let out a wolf howl that I believe put us over the top. It was, you know, a Bark at the Moon.

Here's somebody's YouTube video of the event, if you dare. I can't recommend it lowly enough, unless you enjoy being annoyed.

This was somehow part of an effort to benefit cancer research, so at least I debilitated my vocal chords for a good cause. I'm not sure how it actually raised money, but I would've gladly gotten out my checkbook to make it stop.

Then again, a good scream is healthy once in a while. Maybe that's how it benefited cancer research.

By the way, Guinness, it's spelled J-A-G-O-W.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Scott, and yes JAGOWS ARE AWSOME!

    ReplyDelete