Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Horned In


Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've watched enough World Cup games now that vuvuzelas are, unfortunately, the soundtrack for my dreams. Doesn't matter what I'm dreaming about. Loud, annoying horns are playing in the background.

So, it is my hope that Congress will call an emergency session to ban vuvuzelas from all sporting events in the United States.

Some guy in Ohio has started a Facebook page calling on Ohio State fans to bring vuvuzelas to the Buckeyes' home game against Penn State. Thankfully, Ohio State has responded by saying the school has a policy against noisemakers.

Still, I have this vision of turning on the first game of the NFL season and hearing vuvuzelas.

We must stop the madness before it starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment