Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog Begins at 40

I waited 39 years and 364 days to start this blog. There's something about turning 40 (tomorrow!) that motivates me to put something new out into the world. It's halftime, and the big game could go either way, you know? The first half was filled with both mistakes and shining moments -- touchdowns and interceptions, balls and strikes, sweet goals and big fat honking errors. Here's what I've learned:

Life isn't fair, but it's balanced. In general, you get out of it what you put in.

Because it took soooo long to get from December 1st to Christmas Day every year, I thought my parents were crazy for telling me that time moves faster as you get older. But they were right.

Giving is much better than receiving. Except at the track.

A bad day at the track is far better than a good day at the office.

Never, never, never, never give up (Winston Churchill).

Always, always, always, always put the toilet seat down.

Tell a woman how you feel, unless you're on a first date.

Take lots of pictures, but not too many.

Follow your passion.

Don't get married until you're truly ready, but when you're ready, get married outdoors.

Believe in yourself and the people you love.

Pizza is awesome.

There's nothing I can do to make a Buffalo sports team win a championship.

Keep your eyes, ears and mind open. Your mouth is a different story.

Drink good beer.

I think that about covers it. Hope you enjoy the blog!


5 comments:

  1. Hey, Scott, glad to see you back in action. I always enjoyed your work on Marketplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered a cup to protect your fancy from strikes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schelf, you're on fire. I will go out and buy a cup immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Trevor. Getting married and going to New Zealand occupied quite a bit of my time since Marketplace. And man, was it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete